Thursday, June 18, 2009

Show and Tell

Lately I’ve been adjusting to my new 9-5 lifestyle. So far, so good. The job is pretty fun (and by fun I mean I sit at a computer all day doing research and analysis, which I actually like). My commute is ideal. The light rail is a straight shot and a short ride, but my office is close enough that on nice days I can walk. I don’t have my own desk, which isn’t a big deal, but I’d rather look at pictures my step-dog and cute boyfriend than other people’s kids and not carry all my files to and from work everyday. But really, I’m happy to do it for this opportunity. I don’t mean to be all negative Nancy on ya’ll.

I’m feeling visual, so we’re going to do a little show and tell for a minute.


Last weekend I went to my nephew's birthday party. These were my gifts, wrapped in maps. One of the Chicago transit system, and one of Vietnam, written in Vietnamese. You might remember, that I like reusing paper to wrap gifts, but Brian came up with the idea to use maps. I think maps make for a very pretty package. We've gotten some really nice, interesting maps from old National Geographics.




Cute pictures of my step dog. Is it weird that I have a step dog? It's weird isn't it?


Headache face.


India Festival from a couple of weekends ago. This was the free (OMG so good!) food they were serving.

And that's enough. Is everyone having a nice summer? Me too!!

No comments: