Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Times They Are a-Changin

I'm headed for another major life upheaval. Hopefully, the last one for a while. I feel like my life has been in transition for a long time, and I'm ready for stability for once. I'd give more details, but I don't have them yet. I don't even know what I don't know.

It's Mother Fucking Show & Tell Time!


No caption could do this license plate justice. I love it.


I bought a wee heirloom tomato plant from B'More YOURS back in May (or June. Maybe July), and man, has it grown - not tomatoes, but taller. I finally have a few flowers starting to blossom, but the plant is so tall and the flowers are way at the top, so I'm afraid those honkers are going to weigh it down too much. We'll see.


I got asked to proofread a document at work. I pretend to know about grammar and style, but readers will know that I pretend to know about a lot of things I know nothing about.




Would you say I have a plethora of church pictures? I don't really know what it is with me and churches lately, but I really enjoy them - again, not for religious reasons, but aesthetic ones. I guess I appreciate the fancifulness of their design. New buildings I see going up around Baltimore are all square, brick, simple. But these are interesting and beautiful. Someone took time to design these, and I like that. Plus there are a bunch in Mt. Vernon on my way home from work. Sorry some of these pics are so hazy. It's been muggy around here.


Look at this hilariously skinny house! How do you put anything in that corner? I had to walk around the corner to make sure it wasn't just a wall with a door and windows. I thought for sure I was in one of those Ripley's Believe It or Not displays where you do something ridiculous while people behind the one-way mirror laugh at how stupid you are. That actually happened to me once, which is probably why I'm paranoid about it. Wouldn't you love to see the inside of this house? Maybe I'll act like a canvasser and knock on the door and then ask to see the corner of their room.

Let's see... what else have I been up to? I went to Bay Cafe for happy hour the other day. It wasn't really my scene, but if you're into fake beaches and fake people (not the ones I was with), you might like it. After that we went to Nacho Mama's, which I was way too drunk appreciate, but I definitely want to go back! I think I have a picture somewhere...


We had just signed a petition. Apparently the restaurant used to have this Elvis outside, but someone told them it had to be inside because it was obstructing the foot traffic on the sidewalk. The woman with the petition must have been very convincing because we all thought it was the worst travesty known to man. Did I mention they have good margaritas?

Flicks from the Hill has been a lot of fun. And I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but you get the point. So yeah, summer fun.

No comments: